CEC excels at providing project management, drilling plan development, drilling program design, materials, services, and technologies as well as establishing cost control analysis. The CEC team has a proven history in performing resource testing and verification.
Capuano Engineering Drilling Programs cover everything from well testing, well design, and reconnaissance, to equipment procurement, site supervision and all phases of work and paper work necessary to sign your project off as safe and complete.
With over 150 years of combined experience, the CEC team is looked to and sought after both for mission critical projects as well as teaching and training others in the field. Mr. Capuano has served on Industry Advisory Panels for LBL, DOE, Los Alamos National Lab, and Sandia National Lab. Capuano has been a Member of Industry Advisory Panels for LBL, DOE, Los Alamos National Lab, Sandia National Lab, as well as a Board member of the Geothermal Energy Association headquartered in Washington D.C.More about CEC →
1Project ManagementCEC provides all levels of management, engineering and field supervision services necessary to achieve the specific objectives of their clients
2Expert EngineeringDrilling & Engineering services include:
- Creating site development plans
- Creation of drilling programs and cost estimates
- Obtaining all geologic and geophysical information
- Drilling procedure creation
- Development of casing design
- Design of cement program
- Wellhead design
- Directional program creation as necessary
- Drilling fluids programs
- Bit & Stabilizer programs
- Determination of specifications of required drilling rig
- Sourcing of appropriate drilling rig
- Well site design
- Acquisition of vendor quotes for all materials, equipment, and services required
- Development of cost estimate for each well
- Work with client to obtain necessary financing
- Submit all necessary paperwork with local, state, and federal agencies
- 24/7 site supervision
- Coordinate with all applicable government agencies for necessary tests and inspections
- Monitoring of daily drilling operations by CEC engineers
- Review and approval of all invoices from third party vendors for services or equipment
4Dream TeamThe Expert Team are looked to for their experience and knowledge in the field and holds regular teaching and symposium engagements at leading institutions throughout the world.
Teaching and symposium engagements include:
- Geothermal Drilling at the University of Nevada in Reno, NV, offered yearly as the National Geothermal Academy, a U.S. DOE sponsored course.
- The Geothermal Drilling section of The National Geothermal Academy held at The University of Nevada, Reno
Mr. Capuano is a member of the US Geothermal Resources Council (GRC), Geysers Geothermal Association, Geothermal Energy Association (GEA), and International Geothermal Association (IGA). Mr. Capuano has served on Industry Advisory Panels for LBL, DOE, Los Alamos National Lab, and Sandia National Lab. He is also Member of the founding Committee of the Geysers Geothermal Association and served as it’s founding President from 1983-85.